Because we all know how easy it is to miss a great PPC post or thread in any given week, here are the ones I saw that I thought worth sharing:
- Google Ads launches new AI assistant but warns its content may be inaccurate (Search Engine Land)
- Advertising popular with streamers and consumers (Digital Content Next)
- Total Users vs. Active Users in GA4 [VIDEO] (Julius Fedorovicius)
- 6 reasons your GA4 reports aren’t adding up (Search Engine Land)
- Saas Fashion (Future Commerce)
- Scoop: X shuts down $100M promoted accounts ad business (Axios)
- Yaccarino Says Advertisers are Coming Back To X in First Major Interview as CEO (Social Media Today)
- Google issues refunds amid accusations it missold ads on third-party websites (Search Engine Land)
- Brands suspend advertising on X after ads appear alongside Nazi content (Mashable)
- X (Twitter) paywalls XPro (TweetDeck) (Search Engine Land)
- The new Bing has failed to take any market share from Google after six months (Search Engine Land)
- Google Launches New Transparency Center to Provide More Info on Platform Policies (Social Media Today)
- Announcing the new Transparency Center (Google Ads)
- Access the new Google Ads Transparency Center (Google Ads)
- Amazon Sponsored Product ads will now appear on Pinterest, Buzzfeed, and more (Search Engine Land)
- TikTok Shares New Guide to Ad Campaign Fundamentals (Social Media Today)
The curious thing for me is that standard shopping campaigns do not allow maximize conversions value. Only target ROAS, and you must have enough conversion data before you can enable it. https://t.co/BrYL9sv6VE
— Menachem Ani (@MenachemAni) August 14, 2023
Google Ads has released some new ads and insight features which I would like to share with you: 🧵🧵#ppcchat
— Lars Maat (@larsmaat) August 15, 2023
New to Google Ads + Performance Max?
Not a PPC marketer but work with them?
I’ve been running PMax since it was in beta in 2020.
— Menachem Ani (@MenachemAni) August 10, 2023
Some news on Demand Gen, which will take over from Discovery campaigns:
✍️ You can now sign up for Demand Gen beta access here https://t.co/iDQvGaa9pH
Once in the beta, any active Discovery campaigns will be migrated to Demand Gen. Historical data carries over.
— AdsLiaison (@adsliaison) August 15, 2023
There’s been some confusion about brand safety controls & reporting supported in PMax.
So I want to share a rundown of important levers available to help you control the types of content your PMax ads can appear next to in Search, Shopping, Display & Video inventory.
First up …
— AdsLiaison (@adsliaison) August 18, 2023