Because we all know how easy it is to miss a great PPC post or thread in any given week, here are the ones I saw that I thought worth sharing:
- Microsoft Advertising launches chat API to monetize AI chat (Search Engine Land)
- Meta Outlines New AI Process to Facilitate Creation from a Broader Range of Inputs (Social Media Today)
- What marketers can learn from Bud Light’s response to backlash (Marketing Brew)
- Consumers Continue to Spend with Department Store Brands (Street Fight)
- Amazon working on AI tools to generate videos, images for advertisers (Search Engine Land)
- 6 ways to use ChatGPT for Amazon marketing (Search Engine Land)
- Airbnb says ‘full funnel approach’ to marketing is driving ‘strong’ ROI (Marketing Week)
- 7 Ways to Hold Off New & Emerging Competitors in Google Ads (Group Twenty Seven)
- Supercharging Search with generative AI (Google)
- The new Google Search Generative Experience: Here’s what it looks like (Search Engine Land)
- Google I/O 2023: Making AI more helpful for everyone (Google)
- Hidden Videos in Performance Max: 6 Things to Do with a Feature You Didn’t Know About (Martin Rottgerding)
- Meta announces generative AI features for advertisers (Tech Crunch)
It’s not new info at this point that listicle landing pages can perform *really* well…
But there’s a mistake I see on a lot of them.
So here’s some advice:
Stop talking about the benefits & features of your product…
Start talking about the benefits TO the customer.
— Kanika (rhymes with Hanukkah) Misra (@kanika_misra) May 10, 2023
We raised the ROAS target from 85% to 100% two weeks ago. Time to check in.
As expected, this slight change helped direct Google’s algorithms toward higher-quality audiences, which converted at a higher rate and generated a 47% increase in ROAS. pic.twitter.com/KAG6juaZIN
— Patrick Gilbert (@PatrickJGilbert) May 8, 2023
Getting started with YouTube Ads? 📺
Trying to uncover why results aren’t better? 💯
Here’s what I’ve learned about running video campaigns.
— Menachem Ani (@MenachemAni) May 10, 2023
Early takeaways from Google’s new AI search updates, aka Project Magi
1. Most answers appear to NOT cite sources
2. LINKS to dig deeper appear below/offside
3. Emphasis on SHOPPING features
4. SEARCH ADS continue to appear
5. Like ChatGPT, you can “continue” conversations
— Cyrus SEO (@CyrusShepard) May 10, 2023
Vidhya Srinivasan, who leads ads on Google properties, including Search, Maps & Shopping, announced updates at #GoogleIO.
Here she shares more on bringing generative AI capabilities to Search — check it out below ⬇️ https://t.co/GHOCfGJPcn
— AdsLiaison (@adsliaison) May 10, 2023
There was so much discussed at Google I/O. My notes:https://t.co/3GAPtaGYRa
Heading offline for the rest of the day to process. Wow.
— Dr. Marie Haynes🌱 (@Marie_Haynes) May 10, 2023