Because we all know how easy it is to miss a great PPC post or thread in any given week, so here are the ones I saw that I thought worth sharing:
- Google’s Latest AI Ad Tool Stirs Fresh Transparency Concerns for Marketers (Adweek)
- A catastrophic Meta bug caused overspending, higher-than-average CPA’s (Search Engine Land)
- Facebook’s Ad System Went Nuts and Charged Customers for Ads No One Saw (Gizmodo)
- Why Earth Day felt a little quieter this year (Marketing Brew)
- Google search revenue rises 2%, slight dip in total ad revenue (Search Engine Land)
- Microsoft Search and Advertising revenue up 3.4% in Q1 (Search Engine Land)
- Mark Zuckerberg has become so obsessed with AI that one Wall Street research firm is jesting that Facebook will change its name to MetAI (Business Insider)
- How to Use Broad Match Keywords in 2023 for eCommerce (Savvy Revenue)
- Some brands pull back on Pinterest ad spend because of weak performance metrics (Modern Retail)
- Amazon shares jump as cloud, advertising units drive revenue beat (CNBC)
- Most Americans are Worried About Layoffs: Survey (Kiplinger)
- Silicon Valley Faces UK Crackdown as Government Unveils Laws (Bloomberg)
- Snapchat Adds Users, Reports Lower Revenue Results in Q1 (Social Media Today)
- New Research: Dark Social Falsely Attributes Significant Percentages of Web Traffic as “Direct” (SparkToro)
- Pinterest Reaches 463 Million Users, But Revenue Outlook Raises Questions (Social Media Today)
- Google UA historical data will be available until July 1, 2024 (Search Engine Land)
Reels is in trouble.
I’m reading between the lines but a few reports from Meta’s earning call are really standing out to me…
— Lia Haberman (@liahaberman) April 27, 2023
There’s never been a better time for DTC and Facebook-first advertisers to test Performance Max.
👉 New campaign updates
👉 Data pool gets better every day
👉 Ability to run “social style” campaigns
Let’s get threading! 🧵 👇#PPCChat #PerformanceMax #GoogleAds pic.twitter.com/36oQmdYEVU
— Menachem Ani (@MenachemAni) March 15, 2023
Over the past few months, we’ve seen more DTC brands advertising on Twitter Ads.
Here’s a round-up of the ones we like (that we’ve seen).
🧵 👇 #PPCChat
— Menachem Ani (@MenachemAni) February 16, 2023