ICYMI posts are sponsored by:
Because we all know how easy it is to miss a great PPC post or thread in any given week, here are the ones I saw that I thought worth sharing:
- How Netflix could up the ante for advertisers as it explores solutions to its ad tech conundrum (Digiday)
- Try Bard and share your feedback (Google)
- Google Local Services Ads Updated The Industry & Services Selector (Search Engine Roundtable)
- PPC salaries 2023: How much do in-house, self-employed, and agency search marketers make (Search Engine Land)
- PPC Salary Survey – PDF version (Take Some Risk)6 new Reddit Ads Manager features
- 6 new Reddit Ads Manager features (Search Engine Land)
- The 10 Craziest Moments From Congress’ TikTok Ban Hearing (Gizmodo)
- Key takeaways from TikTok hearing in Congress – and the uncertain road ahead (The Guardian)
- Utah bans under-18s from using social media unless parents consent (The Guardian)
- Instagram Adds Reminder Ads and Promoted Results in Search (Social Media Today)
- 3 new Google Discovery ads features (Search Engine Land)
- The new Bing making (small) gains on Google Search (Search Engine Land)
- ChatGPT plugins (OpenAI)
- TikTok CEO says company scans public videos to determine users’ ages (TechCrunch)
- TikTok’s Future Remains Under a Cloud After CEO’s Appearance Before Congress (Social Media Today)
- Experiment changes in Google Ads scripts (Google Ads Developers Blog)
- Amazon, other retailers revamp ‘free’ shipping as costs soar (Reuters)
Maybe I didn’t say it loudly enough for the US tech press, Sheryl Sandberg and Mark Zuckerberg will go under oath in the next month about their “Jedi Blue” deal with Google. That would be a Sherman section 1 violation. I’ll let @matthewstoller explain why that matters. https://t.co/KJ8L5W3Osm pic.twitter.com/EtwSQfuNXL
— Jason Kint (@jason_kint) March 18, 2023
The GA4 deadline is fast approaching.
UA properties will stop processing new data on *July 1*.
That means new data will stop flowing from UA properties into Google Ads which could significantly impact campaign performance.
— AdsLiaison (@adsliaison) March 23, 2023
Cost Caps vs Low Cost
The weekly DTC showdown…
What ACTUALLY happens when an ad account switches to only using cost caps?
In-depth ad account screenshots and breakdown👇
— Nick Bauer (@nicholassbauer) March 22, 2023