ICYMI posts are sponsored by:
Because we all know how easy it is to miss a great PPC post or thread in any given week, here are the ones I saw that I thought worth sharing:
- Mark Zuckerberg says Meta now has a team building AI tools and ‘personas’ (The Verge)
- The EU is planning a major GDPR law that could impact Irish DPC (Silicon Republic)
- 6 LinkedIn Ads Pitfalls You Wish You’d Known Sooner (AJ Wilcox)
- Artificial Intelligence at Google: Our Principles (Google)
- What is Interest Targeting and What’s New? (LinkedIn)
- 5 tips for capturing more enterprise-level leads with B2B search (Search Engine Land)
- 14 Custom Columns for Easier Google Ads Management (Knucklepuck)
- Bing Webmaster Tools to gain Bing Chat and index coverage reporting (Search Engine Land)
- U.S. House panel approves bill giving Biden power to ban TikTok (Reuters)
- Amazon’s Launch of Video Sponsored Display Campaigns (JumpFly)
- TikTok Announces New Brand Safety and Suitability Partners (Social Media Today)
- Meta Shares Insights into Emerging Trends in Latest ‘Culture Rising’ Report (Social Media Today)
- TikTok’s U.S. Survival Plan Faces Potential Hurdle: Apple’s App Store Rules (The Information)
- How the Major Streamers Stack Up Right Now in Subscribers and Revenue | Charts (The Wrap)
- Increasing Our Ads Transparency (Meta)
- Macy’s, Best Buy Sales Decline, Reflecting Shopper Pullback (The Wall Street Journal)
- Pinterest Tests New ‘Premiere Spotlight’ Ads on its Search Page (Social Media Today)
- Google Ads Testing New Design To Improve Advertiser Workflow (SEO Roundtable)
- Testing new designs to improve your workflows https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/13342657(Google Ads)
Google is about to start auto migrating your Universal Analytics properties to GA4 for you ‼️
You actually DO NOT want to do this, for many many reasons.
Already setup GA4? You might still be subject to automigration.
Read on for more details about it and how to OPT OUT
— Krista Seiden (@kristaseiden) February 28, 2023
Retention marketing is full of a lot of very buzzy, very poorly defined terms.
“Loyalty”, “community” and “engagement” come to mind.
Unfortunately, that makes loyalty marketing a hotbed of misinformation, misdirection and outright scamming.
I’ve had founders DM me, wondering… https://t.co/1lkrTbi1hc
— Alex (@heyitsalexP) February 28, 2023
I’m starting a series…
I’ll post the top 3 ads we made for clients in the past month and 🔪dissect🔪WHY they worked.
First up: Lazy Girl Salad Kit
Thumbstop: 35.98% (good)
Hold rate: 31.97% (good)
CTR: 1.99% (good) pic.twitter.com/gtZiFFEJ1J
— Jess @ FireTeam 🔥 An agency on fire… (@HireFireTeam) February 28, 2023
— Optmyzr (@Optmyzr) March 2, 2023