ICYMI posts are sponsored by:
Because we all know how easy it is to miss a great PPC post or thread in any given week, here are the ones I saw that I thought worth sharing:
- Microsoft is reportedly in talks to pump in $10 billion into OpenAI — the owner of ChatGPT — valuing the company at $29 billion (Business Insider)
- How Quora Ads Can Enhance Your Advertising Strategy (Akvertise)
- Male and Female Gen Zers Differ in Extent of Social Platform Use (Marketing Charts)
- In 2023, Savvy DTC Brands Diversify Playbook (Adweek)
- The App Tracking Transparency recession (Mobile Dev Memo)
- Meta restricts ad targeting of teens on Instagram and Facebook (The Drum)
- Europe quizzes TikTok on data safety, disinformation and DSA compliance (Tech Crunch)
- Amazon to widely launch ‘Buy with Prime’, says offering improved merchant sales (Reuters)
- Apple Launches ‘Business Connect’ As Google Business Profile Competitor (BrightLocal)
- Republicans and Democrats, Unite Against Big Tech Abuses (Wall Street Journal – Opinion)
- Twitter Outlines Roll-Out Plan for Alternative Feeds, Updated Bookmarks UI and Long-Form Tweets (Social Media Today)
- A PPC guide to permission-based audiences (Search Engine Land)
- Google Ads Editing Bug In Draft Or Experiment Campaigns (SEO Roundtable)
- Microsoft Announces Store Ads & Other Updates (Search Engine Journal)
- Google tells Supreme Court: Don’t undercut the internet (Axios)
There’s no denying that short-form video is an extremely powerful modern marketing tool — but does that mean your #eCommerce brand should drop everything and invest all your resources into TikTok?
In today’s thread, we’ll give you our social experts’ honest take💡 pic.twitter.com/0vpIWWuuzE
— Inflow® (@goinflow) January 10, 2023
The reason that ‘digital privacy’ is such a complex and knotty challenge is existential – privacy exists to protect individuality within societal context, whereas digital automation both relies upon and imposes homogeneity.
The more of one, the less of the other.
— Miss IG Geek (she/her) 🏳️🌈 (@MissIG_Geek) January 12, 2023