This week’s chat was guest co-hosted by Richard Fergie of Forecast Forge and the topic was “PPC Forecasting”.
Richard wrote a summary of the chat and related topics, which you can find here.
We talked about 3 types of PPC Forecasting:
- Forecasting something you’ve never done before (e.g. “we’ve never advertised on LinkedIn; how much will we get from that?”).
- Forecasting doing more (or less) of something you’ve done a bit of in the past. The big one here is “what if we increased/decreased the budget?” but it might also be things like turning on retargeting, etc.
- Estimating trends and changes in everything else – e.g. what is the seasonality for CPC and conversion rate? Is overall search volume in this niche going up or down?
Read the full recap here.
Listen to the podcast recap here.
(Podcasts are also available on iTunes and Google)
- PPC Media Pros Video – Building PPC Forecasts and Projections Sheets
- How Often Should You Forecast (Forecast Forge blog)
- A Forecasting Workflow (Forecast Forge blog)
- Cumulative Forecasts and Measuring Impact (Forecast Forge blog)
- Forecasting the Effect of Lockdowns (Forecast Forge blog)